Thursday, February 14, 2008

Doughnuts (or Donuts for those who conserve letters)

So, today I was on my way to Channel 27 (WKYT) with my boss. She was scheduled to be on the noon show to promote Teachers Who Made a Difference program. We passed a bakery on Winchester Road. She asked me if I had ever been there. I haven't but I've heard people say that the donuts are really good.

And that simple question reminded me of my Dad.

When I was a kid, my Dad often went to the local bakery to get donuts on Saturday and Sunday mornings.



There's nothing quite like a fresh donut first thing in the morning. I've always been partial to donut holes and chocolate milk.


My Dad liked long johns with chocolate icing. He also liked creme horns.

But regardless, Dad would buy donuts, and often would do it on weekday mornings, too, when he would come visit.

I might have a donut today in memory of my Dad...

No comments: