Wednesday, July 2, 2008

iMac, uMac, we all Mac...


Well, I don't think we all Mac, but we sure should. I have used an Apple Macintosh in school and in a couple of my jobs, but always had a PC at home. In January of this year, I made the switch. I love the Mac.

When I was working at HOST Communications, I worked on a Mac and I would regress to the inferior PC I had when I got home. It was the way the past year when I was taking classes at BCTC. Now, I have a new job and a new Mac, but the same problem. But this time I have a PC at work.

I hate it.

So a friend of mine just got a shiny new iMac. I'm jealous. Yes, I already have a Mac but it's a Macbook Pro. Don't get me wrong. It's the Mac-daddy of Mac notebooks (hahahaha), but now I want a desktop. Frankly, when the time comes, I'll probably get a Mac Pro instead of an iMac. But I'm still jealous!

I am excited, though, because yesterday I ordered my mom a new computer, a shiny new iMac. It should ship today, and should arrive well in advance of my upcoming visit to the homestead on July 11-20. Mom is new to Mac so I'm doubly excited to introduce her to the greatest computing experience she has ever had.

And with the built-in iSight camera, she and I can video conference instead of talking on the phone all the time. Unless I'm having a bad hair day, then it's phone all the way.

No comments: