Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Hair-raising Experience

I have a hard time finding a barber who cuts my hair the way I like. I must admit, however, that as thick as my hair is and the fact that I'm losing it on top doesn't make getting a good haircut that easy.

There is a barber shop in Chevy Chase I used to go to where I had a barber who did about as fine a job as a barber has ever done. Then she up and got married and left that shop. I didn't know where she went, so I had to find a new one. I went back to the same shop, but the other barbers there just weren't what I was looking for. Finally, one Sunday I had to have a cut and the only place open near me was one of those chains.

Word of advice, I don't care if they offer discounted cuts. Never go to a national chain for a hair cut. My experience there was not good.

So, a while back a barber shop opened up down the street from my office. One day at lunch I decided to try it out and get a cut during my lunch break. I was very pleased. So please that I went back a second time when I needed the cut again. When I got up today, I felt that I needed a cut again so I walked down to Shaggy's Barber Shop (yes, that's what it is called) to get my cut. Much to my dismay, someone else was there cutting. I would have felt bad walking back out because there was no line. So I stuck around and got the cut. Luckily, it turned out well.

But there's still only so much you can do for this head of hair of mine.

No comments: