Monday, July 7, 2008

What the Hell? Part 2

This morning I called an auto repair place close to me to see if they could check out what might be wrong with my car. They said I should take it to "Exhaust Pro." Turns out I think the repair place I chose doesn't work on domestic cars. Anyway, I take the car out to "Exhaust Pro," and leave it there to await my fate.

I get a call a few hours later. The guy there told me that the code that came up in the diagnostic test indicated a transmission issue, something to do with the solenoids. I don't even know what those are!

Unfortunately, "Exhaust Pro" isn't "Transmission Pro" so I had to find another place to take it. I didn't want to drive the car any further than I had to, so I found a transmission place just down the street from there. The "Aamco Transmission" dude told me over the phone that I could bring it in and they would run the diagnostics and find the problem for no charge. "Exhaust Pro" normally charges $29.95 to run the diagnostics. I told the "AT" dude I'd bring it by. He also told me that he was surprised I was bringing in a Ford Focus. He said that those cars usually have really good transmissions and that they rarely get a Focus in there.

Guess I bought a Friday afternoon or Monday morning car. Just my luck.

When I picked up my car from "EP", the dude there told me that he wouldn't charge me the $29.95 since it wasn't something they could fix and I'd be charged again wherever I ended up taking it. I didn't tell him he was wrong.

So, I took the car to "AT" and left it.

Now I have to wait for the diagnosis.

No comments: