Saturday, July 5, 2008

What the Hell?

The check engine light in my car came on today. Since I'm not mechanically inclined, I called my uncle to get his advice. Basically, I was looking for an answer that would not require a huge out-lay of money. He had some interesting things to say, but I'm paranoid about tons of stuff. And getting stuck on the side of the road somewhere because my car broke down doesn't interest me in the least.

So, I decided to go ahead and take it someplace to get it checked out.

I called the first place I could think of that was close to me. It's a Goodyear Tire and Auto Service business on Richmond Road. I had an excellent encounter a while back when I had a bad tire. So, I thought, might as well check that place out.

I called and told them about the issue at hand. The guy said that if I could come out there right away, they'd run the diagnostic procedure on it to see what might be wrong. I said I'd be there in 10 minutes.

I got there in less than 10 minutes (thankfully I hit all green lights). I walked in and some older gentleman came to the counter. I told him I had just called, that I was there to have a diagnostic run because of the check engine light and that Terry told me he could run that if I got there right away (the technicians leave at 5 and it was 2:30 p.m.). The older dude said, "Let me go back and check." I reiterated that Terry said he could do it today.

The old dude left. He came back in just a couple minutes and said they had taken a couple more jobs since I had called and that they couldn't fit it in. I said, "But he told me he could do it." And all I got was "Well, they can't do it today now."

I am so pissed...

No comments: