Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life Happens

So, had to head home Tuesday unexpectedly. Mom had gone through a stress test a while back and the docs saw something suspicious. As a result, they scheduled a cardiac catheterization for yesterday. She was a nervous wreck, and of course I was worried as well.

As you may know, that's basically what led to the end for my Dad. And I wasn't there for him during it.

So, I dropped everything and headed home. There were things I had planned this week that I really wanted to do, things to advance my dream a bit, but you know, life happens and it's important to prioritize. And since February 2006, my No. 1 priority is my family.

Therefore, I am missing a film showing and filmmaker Q&A tonight and unfortunately I had to delay the start of editing on the short film I've been working on.

Anyway, the procedure was yesterday and the doc said he was pleasantly surprised by what he saw. It wasn't nearly as bad as he thought it might be. As a result, no further medical procedures are necessary. We just need to get Mom to quit smoking. Which she has vowed to do.

No comments: