Monday, June 9, 2008

The Fallout After a Kickass Weekend

My nephew visited me for the weekend. He's 17 now and it seems that even though I'm twice as old as he is, he is now at a great age for us to have a number of common interests. As a result, we get along greatly and we have a great time when we are together.

This past weekend was no exception.

But with each visit, there comes the inevitable end to the fun and games. And it sucks.

I've lived alone for a long, long time. I'm used to it and it's just, for now, a life I'm accustomed to. However, I guess, as is the case for most people, there is only so much alone time you can handle. While I am used to it, when I do hang out with my nephew, it's like crashing when he's gone. For three days, it's constant action, doing this, doing that... It quickly becomes something I get used to and don't want be without. But it ends, and that's it.

I'm alone again. And it's a weight that seems unbearable for a day or two.

I always get over it. But that doesn't make it suck any less.

In the past, I used to call my Dad and talk to him when I felt overwhelmingly alone. I can't do that now.

Which makes it suck more.

By the end of the week, I'll probably feel better. But right now...

No comments: