Friday, June 20, 2008

Old and Forgetful

That is what I am. I know, I know, you're saying, "No, Brad, you aren't old." Well, I might give you that, but I am forgetful. Prime example:

Back in early December 2007, I ordered some magazines through an online company for my nephew for Christmas. In an effort to not feel left out, I ordered a title for myself, too. I have yet to receive it. It's been nearly 7 months. 7 months! But I never called to check on it because I had completely forgotten I had ordered it. Until yesterday when I was straightening up a little around the old apartment (see my things are old, as well) and came across a copy of the magazine I had purchased last year.

How in the world could I go so long without thinking of it? First of all I read too many magazines. Well, I certainly subscribe to too many. Here's the rundown: Entertainment Weekly (I gave up on the magazine a few years ago because I found some of the reviews and stories just short of ridiculous. I was subscribing to Premiere Magazine at the time. It was a 10-issue a year mag devoted to movies. I loved it. Well, Premiere went to an online only version not long ago. Not long after that I got an offer in the mail to go back to Entertainment Weekly for $10. How could I pass up on a weekly magazine for $10 for a year? Well, I couldn't and now Entertainment Weekly clutters my tables and desks.), Comics Buyers Guide, Filmmaker Magazine, Movie Maker Magazine, Fade In (another movie mag), Creative Screenwriting, Script Magazine (another screenwriting mag) and the Hollywood Reporter (which is a daily!). Now, I've called about my subscription to Moving Pictures Magazine. The great thing about Moving Pictures is that they include a DVD with every issue. The issue I bought last year included the winning short films from the mag's film contest. There is another magazine I'd love to subscribe to and that's Empire Magazine. Unfortunately, it is a British mag, and subscribing to it would cost me more than what I pay on the newsstand. So, I just buy it off the newsstand. But not every month because it costs $10 an issue.

Anyway, I'm forgetful.

And don't you forget it!

No comments: