Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

Hello all. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

I was originally planning to stay around Lexington and have my mom come down, but she wasn't feeling well, so I drove home to Henderson for the long weekend. And it turned out well.

Spent Thanksgiving day at my aunt's place, which is great because a lot of my family on my dad's side were there, people I don't get to see as often as I would definitely like to. Had some good food and a lot of laughs.

I had such a good time that afterward I was feeling a little guilty. That sounds insane I know. I felt guilty because I was enjoying myself despite my dad not being there. It was the second Thanksgiving since he died, and I hated that. And it hurt. But it was good, too, because everywhere I looked he was there. That may sound weird, too. But for me, that's just how it is.

Now I have to gear up and prepare for my second Christmas without him. How am I supposed to do that? I'm sure I'll figure out a way, and I think I'm going to get to see the family again. So, he'll be there.

I guess he always is...

No comments: