Monday, September 1, 2008

Most People Won't Care...

that I saw Robert Kirkman tonight at the Lexington, KY Barnes and Noble.

I never get starstruck, and hadn't the nerve to walk up to him and talk to him. Oh, wait, you don't know who he is, do you? Kirkman is a comics writer who lives in Lexington, KY. He has written for the likes of Marvel (Marvel Zombies) and Image (Walking Dead and Invincible).

So, anyway, I didn't want to bother him. I mean he was there to shop. It's his time, and I respect that. However, when I told my nephew, who was with me, that I thought that was him, he didn't have the same problem.

I told him (he's a Walking Dead and Marvel Zombies fan) that I thought that was Kirkman. So he went up to him, asked if it was indeed him and then talked to him for a few minutes.

What came of the conversation? My nephew said he thought he was shy. I'm sure, as a comics writer, he doesn't get recognized much, especially in Lexington. My nephew also said he was nice and said that he wouldn't be at the Mid-Ohio Con in early October. That's a bummer.

Anyway, it was cool that my nephew got to meet one of the top comics writers in the business today.

1 comment:

No said...

I don't even know if I wanna go if he isn't going to be there.

In other news, I'm on the verge of putting the songs from Dr. Horrible on my mp3 player. If nothing else, Joss certainly can make catchy tunes.