Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Here it goes again...

Folks, it's that time of year again. Well, it's just the second time, but it will be a recurring event for the rest of my life.

One month from tomorrow will be the two-year anniversary of my dad's heart surgery. Those of you who know me well know what happened not long after that.

As the days get closer to that date, I am increasingly down. The funk has arrived (and it's not the good kind as produced by George Clinton, Prince and many others). And if it is half as bad as last year, it will be bad.

So, what does that mean for you folks who read this blog? Well, a couple things really. It could possibly mean less correspondence from me. I know what you're all thinking, "But Brad, you rarely write anyway..." I know, and I apologize for that and promise it will get better. Much better as the year goes on. But for now, deeper into my shell I will probably go. But there is a good thing that will probably come out of this. I will probably tell some great stories about my dad. I have to. You may not want to read them, but if you are a new friend of mine (and I think I've made some great ones this past year, and connected with some old ones who I hadn't heard from in a while) you can read them and learn more about my best friend. I probably will post some photos, too. You know, to help tell the story.

If you are anxious to go ahead and learn a little about him, check out this blog entry.

Anyway, that's what's coming up. I'll also try post more about what I had intended with this blog, to write about things that no one would really care about but interest me.

No comments: